Friday, March 20, 2015

The Magical Parking Lot



I was surprised at what I saw that day, in the parking lot. But then at 12 o’Clock at night in the parking lot of a Kroger store you don't really know what you're going to see there.
What was I doing there you ask? It was a top secret mission, a highly classified one. I was getting chocolate ice cream for my wife.

I was almost to the store when I saw it. Cars became towering monsters, with huge gnarled teeth. Fairies, Elves, and Dwarfs appeared out of nowhere. Beautiful creatures with transparent wings and strangely coloured eyes darted at the monsters that loomed in my way. A small gnome waddled up to me. “Sir should we execute plan C?” I had no clue what he was talking about. “Sure. . . “ I mumbled. I looked in my hands, and I saw a bow and arrows. A huge monster had a tub of chocolate ice cream in his hands. Zzzzt thunk. Went the arrow as it found its mark in the monsters arm.

They say that I was laying flat on my back in the parking lot. They say someone had hit me with a car. They say I was delusional. I am never going to that Kroger again.

----------
This is my daughter's story I posted to Flashfriday on her behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment