Friday, March 21, 2014

Friends



Suzy hid her clunky boots, jealous of the girl in front of her flaunting her tiny, trendy feet on the rail.  Suzy didn't make friends.  Girls found her odd, with a funny laugh, and unusual interest in dragons instead of boys.



When the murder happened at the front of the bus, the girl sat up in horror, pointing, a scream rising in her throat.  Suzy calmly put her hand on her shoulder saying, "They can't see it."

"What!?" the girl gasped looking around at the oblivious passengers while the woman's body fell into the aisle.

"Happens every day.  I thought I was the only person that saw it."

The bus stopped and passengers passed through the ghostly corpse and the phantasmal detective that boarded with his notepad and trench coat.

"What happened?"

"I don't know.  I'm headed to the library to do some research.  I think I have to solve it."

"Can I come?  Name's Erika."  her new friend smiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment